09 November 2008

Weekend in Parakai

We decided to pop up to Parakai for the weekend to soak away our aches & pains in the mineral pools after spending all week waterblasting around the house. We stayed in the Geothermal Motel for the night and spent a lovely two days having a look around the area which is steeped in history. I must say I recommend the motel if anyone is thinking of heading that way, we had wonderful service from Nicolette who runs the motel, the unit we were in had a covered outside private pool that you could heat at will and we definately took good advantage of it.
We were lucky to strike Heritage Day in Helensville today so that was a lovely bonus. I'll post all my photos tomorrow as I think I soaked up too many minerals and am now quite pooped! I think this one is my favourite from the weekend, taken inside the old Helensville Railway Station which is now a lovely cafe, I took this while waiting for my breakfast, the mini quilt was hanging on the back of the door.

No comments: